SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER – Tanner Young Publishing Group (Contract)
Tanner Young Publishing Group is an Edmonton based magazine publishing company whose portfolio includes WHERE Edmonton Magazine, Info Edmonton City Guide, Canadian Cowboy Country Magazine in addition to many high-profile event and contract pieces both on-line and off-line.
We are currently hiring for a full-time position. Contract work may be considered. Advancement to art director is possible for right candidate. Ability to work from a remote location an asset.
• Improving and building on company and title brands
• Oversee magazine overall editorial design.
• Communicate with sales team and clients to create impactful display advertisements.
• Work on and oversee multiple projects at one time.
• Maintain creativity while working within different budget constraints.
• Communicate effectively with design team, editors, photographers, printers and clients.
• Prepare final files for press.
• Provide positive and energetic input within team environment.
• Report directly to publisher.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ years in professional graphic design
• Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite – Illustrator, Photoshop and In Design
• Proven skills in magazine / web design and social media presentations
• Experience working with typography, infographics, and photo manipulation.
• Detail orientated.
• Ability to remain cool and confident under pressure
• Can adapt quickly to changing business environment.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Proven track record adhering to deadlines, budgets, and brand standards