Edify is Edmonton multiple-award winning city and lifestyle magazine, formerly known as Avenue Edmonton. The magazine underwent a rebirth in September of 2020. Our coverage ranges from food to arts to design, to interesting personalities and urban affairs.
This is an opportunity to join the award-winning team at Edify Magazine, the city’s pre-eminent lifestyle magazine. We aim to continue our tradition of award-winning journalism and art. You have a great understanding of WordPress and are an ace at handling various social-media streams. You love the city’s food scene and discovering new things. You love to try new things and want to experience things outside of your comfort zone. You thrive in a high-paced working environment and like to meet new people and attend major events. You can represent a magazine with sophistication. You are fashion-savvy and are plugged into the city. You can edit to CP Style, and have experience with fact checking.
We are looking for an Intern, someone who will work on Edify’s digital assets as well as assisting in the production of the print magazine. This is a position in our Edmonton office.
To qualify for the Intern position, the candidate must be within three years of his or her graduation date from a post-secondary program that’s relatable to magazine work. As well, the candidate must not have held a previous Intern position at any Alberta magazine through the Alberta Magazine Publishers Association program.
• Write posts, maintain the events calendar and oversee the operation of Edify’s new website
• Ensure all social media posts meet the standards of the Edify brand; consistently engage our followers on our Instagram, Facebook and Twitter accounts
• Help edit and coordinate our e-newsletters, that go out weekly to subscribers
• Work on Edify’s dining section, one of the most-read sections of the print magazine
• Write articles and perform interviews as needed
• Attend editorial meetings and offer story ideas
• Help create source lists for fashion editorial shoots.
How to Apply
No graphics or charts or LinkedIn rankings of your capabilities should be included in your résumé or CV. No pie charts. No need to tell us if you are worth three dots or four dots in “engagement.” We want to see how well you write and describe yourself.
Your résumé should be black type on a white document. In a clear font.