Print Advertising Coordinator
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team that creates our in-house brand Avenue Calgary, an award-winning city lifestyle magazine. Our company also creates custom publications for clients like WestJet, BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation. RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future.
Under the direction of the Publisher of Avenue, the Print Advertising Coordinator is responsible for a range of duties related to the planning and pre-press phases of magazine production. Salary is commensurate with skills and experience.
This is an opportunity to:
- Keep advertisers on deadline by managing them. Ensure the submission of their advertising materials are in place by contacting, collecting and proofing advertising materials.
- Ensure the materials provided by clients meet acceptable print specifications.
- Assist with effective design recommendations as required.
- Attention to detail in the proofing process to ensure advertisers receive accurate proofs, including proof-reading.
- Proof colour keys for accuracy prior to files being sent to the printer.
- Ensure that all communication and proofing that goes to the client is accurate and error free.
- Manage, monitor and report regularly on print inventory.
- Maintain accurate documentation within the CRM system, Magazine Manager.
- Attend weekly sales meetings.
- Assist Account Executives with any client related communication or concerns.
- Key communication hub between Sales, Clients and Production.
- Provide twice-weekly reporting to publishers on sales trend and availability.
Our Ideal Candidate
As the Print Advertising Coordinator, you are able to work in a team and across teams to produce a great product.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
• You are a team player with good communication and people skills.
• You’re self-motivated, organized and a good problem-solver.
• Passionate about magazines.
• Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
• Committed to the quality of your work, but you don’t take yourself too seriously.
• Self-motivated, with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time.
• Able to work across teams to pull the skills and energy of many departments and people together to produce great work.
• You have strong Mac computer skills.
• A background in Adobe Creative Suite an asset but not required.
In order to fit into our team and be a strong member of RedPoint Media, you are:
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
- Passionate about the quality of your work.
- Interested in the direction of the city and excited about Avenue’s many topic areas including city life, profiles, arts & culture, events, dining, home decor, fashion, shopping, travel and mountain life.
- A self-starter with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time.
- Curious about the world around you with a way of looking at concepts, trends and ideas from new and unexpected angles.
Our RedPoint Package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
How to Apply
This posting is open until January 22, 2018.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Posted in: Job Listings