Editorial Intern – Top 40 Under 40
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an editorial intern for a seven-month term with Avenue magazine from April 16 to November 9, 2018. This full-time contract position in our Calgary office is an opportunity to work with an award-winning publication.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You’ll be joining the team that creates our in-house brand Avenue Calgary, an award-winning city lifestyle magazine. Our company also creates custom publications for clients like WestJet, BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation. RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you’ll play a vital role in shaping our company’s future.
You’ll work with the Avenue magazine team on the publication’s annual Top 40 Under 40 project from April 16, 2018 to November 9, 2018. This is a full-time contract position in Calgary. You’ll receive $2357.33, paid monthly.
This is an opportunity to:
- Work closely with the editor-in-chief and senior editor on the Top 40 Under 40 project, as well as on other editorial as assigned.
- Coordinate the Top 40 Under 40 nomination and judging packages.
- Help to schedule interviews and photo shoots, and maintain and update contact information for current and past Top 40 Under 40 honourees.
- Research and write for Avenue and avenuecalgary.com, including but not limited to Top 40 Under 40 profiles and related stories.
- Upload copy and images to avenuecalgary.com as needed.
- Complete fact-checking of various features and departments.
- Coordinate the efforts of the editorial, art and marketing departments for the Top 40 Under 40 presentation event.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our Ideal Candidate
As an intern for Avenue magazine, you’re passionate about the people, cultures and lifestyles that define this city, and you’re able to work in a team and across teams to produce a great product.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Post-secondary education in journalism, electronic publishing or a related field.
- Ability to write, edit and proofread effectively.
- Great communication skills.
- Very organized, with exceptional time-management skills.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Photoshop, social media and Macintosh operating systems.
- To help enhance our company and be a strong contributor to the RedPoint team, you are:
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
- Passionate about the quality of your work.
- Interested in the direction of the city and excited about Avenue’s many topic areas
- Including city life, profiles, arts & culture, events, dining, home decor, fashion, shopping, travel and mountain life.
- A self-starter with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time.
- Curious about the world around you with a way of looking at concepts, trends and ideas from new and unexpected angles.
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
Our RedPoint Package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
How to Apply
This posting is open until February 19, 2018.
Please submit three published articles, along with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Posted in: Job Listings