Editorial Intern – Tanner Young Publishing Group
We’re looking for an editorial intern to join our team. If you’re a current student or recent grad with the skills and desire to be part of the magazine publishing industry, this could be the job for you. The successful candidate is a self-motivated, thoughtful writer, who’s capable of producing high-quality, on-brand content for both print and digital platforms. Duties will include researching, writing, fact-checking, copy-editing, blogging, using social media, attending events, archiving, and more. Occasional work on evenings and weekends may also be required.
This is a paid, four-month internship for up to 30 hours per week, with flexible start and end dates.
Start date: April 2018
End date: August 2018
• Degree/diploma/study in Journalism, Communications, English or a related field
• Excellent writing, researching, editing, proofreading, communication, strategic planning, and social media skills
• Keen interest in magazines and print culture
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and WordPress
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively
• Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license is an asset
Interested candidates can please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 26, 2018:
• Cover letter
• 200-word writing sample about an Edmonton event or attraction
We thank everyone for taking the time to apply, but only those selected for interviews will be personally contacted.
Posted in: Job Listings