Editor, WestJet Magazine
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an Editor to lead the dynamic team at WestJet Magazine, the in- flight publication of WestJet Airlines. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, team-oriented individual with a strong background in travel journalism.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions provides publishing and communication solutions that engage, inform and inspire. Our award-winning consumer and corporate magazines include Avenue Calgary, Avenue Edmonton, WestJet Magazine, and many custom publications. We have grown since 1994 to become one of the largest and most celebrated independent publishing and marketing companies in Western Canada, with talented professionals in editorial, design, production, sales, marketing and distribution. RedPoint continually seeks out the best and brightest employees to help maintain and build a strong reputation. As a RedPoint employee, you will play a vital role in shaping the future of our company.
WestJet’s in- flight publication, WestJet Magazine, offers a fresh perspective on the joy of travel and discovery. Our storytellers are award-winning journalists and photographers fluent in the destinations they cover. They also share the same wanderlust as our readers. WestJet Magazine is a smart, playful magazine passionate about travel.
As Editor of WestJet Magazine, WestJet’s in-flight publication, you will lead a dynamic team of editors and writers to create a monthly travel magazine focused on the WestJet universe. The Editor’s primary responsibilities include:
- Working with the editorial, web and art teams to craft stories that celebrate and inspire travel to WestJet destinations;
- Researching, writing, assigning and substantive editing of features, departments, cover copy and display copy as needed;
- Working with WestJet to ensure that WestJet Magazine exceeds the company’s expectations for a branded publication;
- Providing leadership, guidance and direction to the WestJet print and web editorial teams and directing the overall focus of the magazine’s editorial;
- Maintaining and improving the magazine’s editorial standards and procedures.
Our Ideal Candidate
The Editor of WestJet Magazine is a dynamic writer, editor and leader who loves travel and is passionate about high-quality storytelling.
Your skills, knowledge and know-how:
- Minimum of five years in a senior or progressive editorial position(s) with magazine experience;
- Experience working directly with clients and on custom content projects;
- A degree or diploma in journalism, communications or marketing (equivalent work experience will be considered);
- Demonstrated ability and experience working with writers and visual designers;
- Sharp writing and editing skills with the ability to embody a client’s voice with confidence and speed;
- Substantive editing experience, including planning editorial calendars, developing content strategy, and handling all the organization and project management required to produce custom publications;
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple and overlapping deadlines;
- Proven ability to establish and maintain budgets;
- Excellent organizational, time management, planning and communication skills;
- High standards for research, logic and language;
- Previous experience creating custom publications with the objective of increased brand engagement;
- Previous experience leading a team;
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and maintain budgets;
- Previous experience working on a travel publication is a definite asset.
- To help enhance the company and be a strong contributor to the RedPoint team, you are:
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with;
- Passionate about the quality of your work, but you don’t take yourself too seriously;
- Self-motivated with a reputation for doing what you say you will do and getting things done on time;
- Able to work across teams to pull the skills and energy of many departments and people together to produce great work;
- Dedicated to improving quality and concerned about the details.
Our RedPoint Package
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent bene ts. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development.
How to Apply
This posting is open through November 10, 2017.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail to email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.
Posted in: Job Listings