Advertising Sales Representatives
Calgary’s Child Magazine – Trusted by Families for 24 Years!
Established in 1994, award-winning Calgary’s Child Magazine is southern Alberta’s parenting magazine. We offer support, information, and news on everything families need to grow up happy and healthy.
Calgary’s Child Magazine is seeking energetic, enthusiastic and talented people with solid sales and marketing experience to join our sales team. The successful candidate(s) will be team-oriented and willing to collaborate, but work well independently. Their primary responsibility will be print advertising sales in Calgary’s Child Magazine and online advertising sales on calgaryschild.com. This is a home-based, commission-based, flexible and dynamic position.
• At least three years of direct sales experience
• Corresponds confidently with contacts directly via the telephone and in person
• Comfortable pursuing and prospecting clients in assigned sales categories
• Total English fluency – both written and verbal – is essential
• Excellent professional correspondence skills
• Able to respond to the changing needs of existing clients promptly
• Past print or media advertising experience is beneficial
The successful candidate will:
• Be flexible, energetic and able to thrive in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
• Have a strong commitment to client service, organization and attention to detail
• Demonstrate project management skills, a demonstrated ability to multi-task and set priorities
• Have a great sense of humor, good conflict resolution skills, and a willingness to be part of a small, tight-knit, (currently) all-female team
• Have transportation in order to attend meetings with Calgary’s Child Magazine team and clients
• Provide own software, office equipment, cell phone and internet access in a fully functioning home office setup
• Be passionate about print magazines and journalism
• Be aware of advancements in topics relevant to parents (education, safety, trends)
• Be familiar with our magazine, our market and advertising options
• Be able to establish positive, friendly relationships with clients (existing and new)
• Be comfortable and confident with cold calling, speaking to clients in person, speaking on the phone, and professional, articulate email correspondence
How to Apply
We are looking for team players to join our ‘family’. Interested candidates should send a detailed resume with cover letter by email to Ellen Percival, (Publisher/Editor-in-Chief, Calgary’s Child Magazine) at email@example.com. We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Deadline for applications is May 15, 2018.
Posted in: Job Listings