airdrielife first published in September 2004 and since then we’ve grown with the city of Airdrie. Today every issue of airdrielife is a polished publication reflecting on the energy, style and community spirit of Airdrie. We publish 4x a year and print 31,000 copies each time reaching every household in Airdrie, Crossfield and surrounding rural homes and businesses. In addition airdrielife is available in more than 30 Airdrie showhomes and 80+ rack locations around the city. Our reach extends past Airdrie with 100 rack locations in Calgary and an exclusive distribution at CrossIron Mills.
Job Description: We are looking for a creative, self-motivated individual to assist the editor in various duties for a four-month term beginning December 5, 2016, and ending March 31, 2017. This is a flex-time internship without a set schedule that will require some evening and weekend work either at home or in Airdrie. As an editorial intern, you will have the opportunity to learn all of the various duties that go into publishing and promoting airdrielife and to build connections with the Calgary publishing community.
Responsibilities may include:
- Working as a liaison between the editor and contributors
- Researching and collecting a database of potential stories for future issues
- Producing 2-3 features for upcoming issues
- Writing a monthly newsletter
- Marketing the magazine and events using social media
- Must be a current student or recent graduate (2013 or later graduation date) of a post-secondary education program including journalism, English, digital media, or a related field.
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Organized and can work independently
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Social media savvy
How to Apply
How to Apply
Please email your resume and a sample of your writing to [email protected] no later than Dec 1, 2016. We will acknowledge all applicants, but only those selected for interviews will be personally contacted.
Compensation: $900 honorarium per month for approx. 15 hours per week. Paid monthly.