Status: Full Time
Deadline to ApplyFriday, 04 August 2017
CompanyRedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is an award-winning publishing house and content-driven marketing studio in Calgary. You'll be joining the team that creates our in-house brand Avenue Calgary, an award-winning city lifestyle magazine. Our company also creates custom publications for clients like WestJet, BC Ferries and the Calgary Foundation. RedPoint seeks out the best and brightest talent in the industry, and as a RedPoint employee, you'll play a vital role in shaping our company's future.
As a creative company, RedPoint provides a stimulating, supportive work environment with a vibrant atmosphere and excellent benefits. We offer employees a flexible work schedule and competitive compensation. Employees are encouraged to give back to the community and the industry and to pursue their professional development. Salary for this position is commensurate with experience.
RedPoint Media & Marketing Solutions is seeking an assistant digital editor to support Avenue Calgary's growing online presence. This is an opportunity for a highly motivated, team-oriented individual who loves to create content. We are looking for someone who is a strong writer, is willing to dive in and learn new things and is passionate about sharing local stories with our Calgary audience. This is a full-time, permanent position, located in Calgary.
The assistant digital editor is responsible for a wide variety of duties related to the development and growth of Avenue's online presence. These include writing new content, maintaining existing content and working with the team to execute cross-platform initiatives.
This position reports to the Executive Editor, Digital Content and receives direction from the publishers as needed.
- Writes digital content that expands Avenue's audience. This includes multiple online stories each week as assigned.
- Creates content for social media.
- Contribute to brainstorming, including ideas for websites, social media and other digital platforms.
- Helps develop the digital editorial calendar, including contributing to planning and coordinating special projects.
- Helps coach staff on best practices for digital content.
- Works with the Executive Editor, Digital Content to evaluate and research new digital tools.
- Leads the events calendar section of the website as well as other channels as assigned.
- Migrate content from print to web.
- Helps plan, build and create content for weekly e-newsletters.
- Take on other duties as assigned.
- College or university diploma in journalism or a related field
- Minimum one year experience creating online content
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and attention to detail
- Familiarity with WordPress, HTML and Photoshop.
- Familiarity with social media including Facebook and Instagram and an interest in keeping up-to-date with new developments in social media.
- Basic photography and photo editing skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work with multiple deadlines
- Strong work ethic and a love of magazines is a must
- Smart, professional and a lot of fun to work with.
How to Apply
This posting is open until August 4, 2017.
Interested candidates should apply in confidence by e-mail [email protected] Please reference "digital editor" in your subject line. Applicants are asked to submit three published articles, along with a cover letter and résumé. We thank all applicants for their interest in joining our team. Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted directly.